Official Rules & Conditions
- Eligibility: The Elephant Insurance Services LLC quote contest is open to legal residents of Virginia, Texas, Maryland and Illinois only, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of Elephant Insurance Services, LLC, or Elephant Insurance Company (“Sponsor”) and any such individuals’ immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, child, husband, wife, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to play or win a prize. One entry per person. No purchase or transaction necessary to enter or win this contest.
- Promotion Period: Begins at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 3/17/2014 and ends at 11:59:00 pm ET on 3/31/2014 (“Promotion Period”).
- How to Participate: No purchase necessary. To be entered automatically, complete a free auto insurance quote with Elephant online OR complete an auto insurance quote with Elephant over the phone during the Promotion Period defined in Section 2. Or for a free entry without a quote, mail in a post card with your name, address, phone number, and email address. Entries must be postmarked by 3/31/2014 and received no later than 4/8/2014. Mailing address for postal entries is: Elephant Insurance, Attn: Marketing, P.O. Box 5005, Glen Allen, VA 23058-5005.
- Ticket Drawings: There will be 1 winner chosen at random on 4/11/2014 in Glen Allen, VA and announced through our website at Elephant.com/contest and contacted by phone and/or email. The winner(s) will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any and all local, state, and federal taxes applicable to the prize, as well as other incidental costs incurred by participating in the Promotion. Elephant Insurance will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. The winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Elephant Insurance. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Game. Potential winners will be notified via phone and/or email and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where legal). Noncompliance with the above time period or with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner being selected.
- Prizes/Odds: (1) $1,000 check payable to the winner via postal mail. Winner will be responsible for providing a valid email address, phone number and mailing address to claim the prize. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $1,000 per winner. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the duration of the Promotion Period. Purchase does not increase your odds of winning.
- Release: By participating in this contest, all winning participants grant permission to Elephant Insurance Company (Elephant) and or any successor and or assignee the right to use the entrant’s name, city and state of residence, and/or likeness or similar information for business and promotional purposes without further compensation or permission.
- General: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled entries or prize claims, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of quotes, entries or prize claims, the announcement of the prizes, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest, or for printing, typographical, seeding, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Contest-related materials. Only the published number of prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person and void prize claims of any person who it believes has tampered with the entry process, game play or any other component of this Contest, whose conduct or actions affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Contest, or who is in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries and/or to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest (or portion thereof) for any reason, including virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes that corrupt or impair the administration, security or fairness of the Contest and, in any such event, at its discretion, randomly select potential Grand Prize winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to event requiring such action. By participating, entrants agree that (1) Sponsor and its designees may use (unless prohibited by law), entrant’s name, city and state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification. (2) these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor’s judges shall be final in all matters. (3) and participants further agree to hold the Sponsor, their affiliates, directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the promotion and any use or redemption of a prize. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.